The group was founded during the 1930’s and is one of the oldest construction houses in Bangalore. The founder of this Group, Sri. “Maistry” Chowriappa was among the first civil contractors for the British. He was associated in building some of the now famous landmarks like the St. Francis Xavier’s Cathedral, Gosha Hospital, St. Peters Seminary at Malleshwaram, which are among few heritage landmarks of Bangalore still standing strong as on today. He was awarded a Gold Medal for his services in the construction field from Her Majesty’s Government during the British Raj in India.
The Group is now being spearheaded by his grandson, Mr. Ashok Chowriappa, who has since built various milestone projects such as “Chowriappa Grazia” in Lingarajpuram, “Chowriappa Viola” in Cambridge Layout, “Chowriappa Innovation Centre” in Richmond Town & “Chowriappa Infinity” on Kasturba Road.